Islam is a Universal religion; it provides guidance for all those who wish to be guided to the straight path. It is a religion which promotes peace, unity and brotherhood. Unfortunately, the present image of Islam is distorted severely that most non-Muslims think negatively about our religion. Being Muslims, it is our duty, to use whatever means we have in trying to repair the image of Islam and promote it.
There are several things that we all can do to promote our religion, Islam. They do not have to be extremely massive steps, but even the slightest, smallest efforts from our side, can make a huge difference in promoting Islam. Following are just 10 of the things, which Muslims, no matter what age, can adopt and help in spreading the word about our religion:
- If we are going to start promoting our religion to others, then others will be considering us as the examples. Therefore, it is highly important to make sure that we, ourselves, follow the principles of our religion correctly.
- Be informed. How else are we going to answer questions and issues of other people, when we ourselves do not know the right information about Islam? Therefore knowing the right information is crucial.
- The best way to start promoting our religion is to start from Allah. We can talk about the love He has for all his creations, no strings attached. We can tell about how He never ceases to forgive, even after we never cease to make one mistake after another.
- Try making people understand that your religion asks you to treat everyone the same way, regardless of their race, color, creed, and status.
- When you are promoting your religion to other people, you are bound to meet a lot of people who may not be very cooperative. However, you should keep in mind that you are the one promoting Islam and Islam leaves no room for being disrespectful or spreading hatred.
- Social Media, if used correctly, can be a really effective tool in letting the entire world know about something which you truly believe in, your cause. Here our cause is promoting Islam, you can set up various pages on Facebook, telling the world just how great your religion is. You can even update various Hadiths and Ayyahs from the Holy Quran.
- Do not back down from an argument which says something about Islam, which is not true. Speak up, may be your point of view can change the other person’s view about Islam.
- Be patient. No religion can get followers by imposing it on them. Your duty is to preach the word of God, the Prophet (PBUH) and the Holy Quran, to the best of your ability.
- You can even make videos, interviewing those non-Muslims which think positively about Islam. It will help in clearing the misunderstandings which other non-Muslims may have about your religion.
- Write articles about Islam in the newspapers, magazines, go worldwide, and in blogs. You can pick one topic related to Islam and discuss it while supporting it with various Hadiths and Ayyahs.
View the Original article