Sharia law deals with everything related to crime, politics and economics in Islam. It is the law of Islam set by Allah. It also deals with some kinds of personal issues like hygiene, sexual intercourse, diet, fasting and many more.
Islam is a religion of nature. It is not the religion of certain features and rivals. In this religion sharia law is applied which gives instructions to lead this life in accordance with nature but it has not given unlimited freedom to man. It keeps the demands, needs and necessities of a man under limits. Sharia law provides a complete system and code of life for its followers.
Sharia law has given a lot of importance to the basic unit that is an individual. He is given different rights, and many duties are imposed on them. He is given those rights which were not given to him in the past and no system or law will give him in the future. These rights are given to mankind by Allah and are guaranteed by the Holy Quran and Sunnah. No one can decrease, snatch or cancel these rights.
Rights of a citizen in Sharia law are divided into three categories:
- 1. Social Rights
- 2. Economic Rights
- 3. Political Rights
- Every citizen has the right to live. His life is precious and respectable.
- Every citizen has the right for equal respect and honor.
- Every citizen has the right of social freedom. No restriction can be imposed on his movements, his sittings and his meetings with other people in the society.
- All citizens are equal. No one has superiority over others on the account of race, color, caste, wealth or language except on righteousness and honesty.
- Every citizen has the freedom of speech, conscience and believes.
- Every citizen has the right to marry and to keep his family.
- Every citizen has the right of education and social security.
- Every citizen has the right of justice and equity.
- Every citizen has the right to protect his honor and property.
- Every citizen has the right to earn employment.
- Every citizen has the right to keep property through legal sources.
- Every citizen has the right to use the government services.
- Every labor has the right to get proper wages.
- Every citizen has the right to become the head of the country.
- Every citizen has the right to participate in political activities and express himself by pen or speech.
- Every citizen has the right to deny loyalty to the cruel ruler.
- Every citizen has the right to criticize the government officials about their duties.
View the Original article