South Korea Through My Eyes

on Friday, May 24, 2013


North and South Korea have never been in a close relationship although both countries have lots of things in common. As I reach South Korea, I was trying to find the answer to what makes these two countries stay away from each other, and frankly speaking, I didn’t get the answer. Recently, there have been tensions between the two countries, but I failed to find any solid reason. The concept with which I went to Korea was way different from what I actually found after visiting South Korea. When it came to innovation in technology, it was beyond the level that I have thought. The development that has been made by South Koreans is worth watching. I got a chance to visit a Korean folk museum, after visiting that museum I must say that it’s worth watching.

If you would ask me to describe Korea in words, it would be very difficult for me to describe because of the progress they have achieved in every department. The passion with which the South Koreans work is simply unbelievable; the persistent work with determination has taken Korea way ahead of other nations. It went exactly how I imagined until I got the call from back home asking me about the current situation is South Korea. I got anxious about the news, and I suddenly started to consult every newspaper. Going through the papers, I suddenly realized that something is really wrong. The memo from the Pakistani embassy increased my tension, as well.

The news about the Cuban missile crises were all over the media. This news kept me more interested, tough it was scary, but I kept myself motivated about the information and the collection of news. It was understood that there was a huge tension between South Korea and North Korea, but this was a bit more than that. After so many struggles, I almost got every bit of information regarding the hot issue of South Korea.

I was so indulged in the matter between the two countries at that time, I found myself assessing the situation like an expert opinion and I know that sounds funny, but it was due to my involvement in the issue. We are familiar with a quote ‘ignorance is bliss’ but I got the real meaning of the quote after I visited South Korea. Sometimes I wonder why was I so much worried about the whole situation in South Korea knowing the fact that I belong to Pakistan and my husband often asks me this question and I have always said that in South Korea I felt safe. Quite understandably this would be weird to be said, but this is reality.

South Koreans were at peace even with their current situation. The routine never changes as far as the South Korean people are very less concerned about what people think about them. I have travelled all around the world, but never have found such nation with so much spirit for prosperity.



View the
Original article

0 comments: