What is really going on in Egypt – A Personal Opinion (Part 1)

on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Of course, as we all know, 1/3 of the parliament was dissolved and resulting for it the whole parliament was dissolved because it was judged to be unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. The reason behind such ruling has been discussed in the previous blog. This is considered a huge loss for the Muslim brotherhood and the Islamic parties because they had a majority in the parliament. First of all, I am having mixed feelings about it; I don’t know should I be glad or sad.

I will discuss this situation form 3 points of view so I can try to figure out how I should feel about this.

So the first point is my opinion or reaction that I should be happy, because no one was glad with the performance of the parliament and the laws they discussed and their reaction to what the SCAF was doing to the protestors and especially their reaction against the massacre of Port Said. And of course who can forget them thanking the SCAF and saying that people should not protest anymore and that the Army and the SCAF is a higher power that shouldn’t be protested against. So, I should be glad that we got rid of them, but if we turn a blind eye to what the SCAF is doing, knowing that what he is doing is unfair and fraud because we like the result is a concept that I refuse. Because this is exactly what the Muslim brotherhood did, as when the SCAF thrown them a bone of parliament, they turned a blind eye on everything and left the protestors getting killed and injured by the SCAF and they didn’t act, all of this in order to secure their chairs at parliament, and look what good did that make them, now the chairs that they so desperately needed and pursued are no more. So the concept of turning a blind eye on unfairness because it serves me good is totally unacceptable. Because sooner or later it will come back to haunt you, look what they did, and how it ended up for them.

The second point is being a Christian Egyptian, and I can’t help but to feel glad that the Islamic parties don’t have the parliament and the majority and that they will no longer be the ones responsible of writing the constitution. And no one can blame me for saying that, because we all have seen what their ideology is and their performance in the parliament.

That’s it for this post; follow my next post for the third point and my analysis of what has happened.



View the Original article

0 comments: