Dr. Mohamed Morsi The President of Egypt

on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mohamed Morsi has been named the first ever civil elected president that came as a result of fair elections. After such a long wait, we finally have a president that was elected by the people. Whether you disagree or agree with him (I strongly disagree) but he has won the elections fair with a 51.5% while Ahmed Shakif scored 48.5%

So this is a great win for the Muslim Brotherhood as they have finally reached the big chair, the presidential chair. I am considered in the line of the opposition, but none the less, I will not attack Mohamed Morsi just for the sake of it. I will only attack him resulting from his performance. He asked for 100 days to achieve great things and I have agreed to give him that period to see what he has to offer. I disagree strongly with the whole ideology of the Muslim Brotherhood, but it is what the people choose so we will have to wait and see what this choice would do.

Judging from what has happened so far, things are looking up. Not that I am totally happy with Mohamed Morsi now but as I said, I will not prejudge and I will judge according to actions. OF course he might be just softening the people at the beginning before his true plans come in play, but I can’t see the future so ill judge him one step at a time. Who knows, maybe all my fears and accusations towards him are false, I will be the first one to be glad about it and apologize.

First of all, he has stated the prohibition of any pictures of him to be put in government hall or offices as he is an employer like any other. Which is a great point because this is how dictators are made, by people who worship them and think of them as the owners of the country. Mohamed Morsi 1-0 My fears. Then he has announced that he will repeat the Mubarak trial because he sees that the results have been manipulated with and are not fair. Despite the fact that I don’t know if a president can actually make such thing, because as much as I understand, courts are independent form the authority of the president and the govt. It can still be considered as a sign of good well on his behalf.

This doesn’t mean I am a supporter of Morsi, he still has a long way for that I’m just stating what he has done so far. He has a lot to cover and a lot to prove. He has to prove he will do what he said he will and he also has to prove that the Muslim Brotherhood is not controlling Egypt because they are not the president, but he is. So keep up with my blog posts as I will keep watching him closely to monitor his performance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

View the Original article

0 comments: