Zero Dark Thirty – A Movie Directed with Zero IQ

on Friday, March 22, 2013

Recently there was a great hype about the Hollywood movie “Zero Dark Thirty”. I even looked for its rating on the Internet in order to know whether it is worth watching or not. I was greatly impressed to see that it was rated between 7.5 and 8; therefore, I decided to watch this movie. I grabbed a DVD from the nearest market worth 50 PKR. Though the copy was not too good, but I was too excited to watch the movie so I could not wait more for the release of a high quality DVD.

I grabbed coke and a packet of chips and started watching the movie. The story was quite slow in the beginning hence I could not develop interest. I watched the entire 156 minute long movie hoping that it might get interesting at some point, but it just got worse with every passing minute. I went bonkers after watching the movie and cursing myself for wasting 156 minutes of my life. I was upset because it had taken away 156 minutes from my life, but at the same time I got to know what Americans think about us. I was upset for spending my hard earned money on this pathetic movie After watching the movie, I concluded “Zero Dark Thirty was directed with a Zero IQ.”

The movie was pathetic in depicting the everyday life in Pakistan and here are few basic blunders:

  1. Urdu is the National language and English is the official language of Pakistan. These two languages are widely spoken in Pakistan along with some other regional languages but WE DO NOT SPEAK ARABIC.
  2. I hardly heard people speaking Urdu. People in Pakistan were shown communicating in Arabic.
  3. The funniest part was when I saw a Pakistani men wearing headgear. Well, we do not wear those 18th century headgears and wander in the street.
  4. The hilarious thing was a green car loaded with weapons and parked just a few feet away from the US embassy. I guess they do not know that even a squirrel needs permission to step in that area.
  5. And the way they depicted the city Peshawar was pitiable.

Well, these are just a few things which irked me. I can go on to let you know what they think about Pakistan. They have a pretty bad impression about Pakistan. They should visit Pakistan and try to correct their misconceptions by interacting with the common man. This will definitely help in removing the gaps between the two countries. Moreover, next time they wish to make a movie about Pakistan, I would suggest to hire an advisor who could inform them about Pakistan and its culture in detail.



View the
Original article

0 comments: