The World’s Tragic Mistake – by Meranda

on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Being a student, I have been bullied and I’ve watched it. As the victim, I felt angry, I wanted it to stop, I didn’t do anything, why was I the little girl left out? As the bystander, it tore me up watching the victims. But why was I quiet? The saddest part of it all was I knew how it made me feel So why did I did let it happen to others? It was a mixture of fear of the retribution and the fact it had nothing to do with me. I still can’t fully say why. Did you know that Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University.

The world in general does the same  thing. Hear me out, we see countries downright destroying other countries, and the ones who have nothing to do with it, stay out of it. Take World War 2 for instance, Germany was killing its own people and no one did anything about it until most of the Jewish, homosexuals anyone who was the outcasts were mostly dead.

Another example is Rwanda’s genocide.  When we were studying genocide in school that was the first time i even heard about it. The Hutu’s blamed the Tutsi minority for social, economic, and political pressures of the country. In the weeks after April 6, 1994, 800,000 men, women, and children perished in the Rwandan genocide, perhaps as many as three quarters of the Tutsi population. At the same time, thousands of Hutu were murdered because they opposed the killing campaign and the forces directing it. The UN knew about everything and did nothing!

Take the conflict between Palestine and Israel as well, thousands of innocent Palestinian  children get slaughtered and the biggest question is, “Why?”

Catherine Cook described the situation,“The majority of these [Palestinian] children were killed and injured while going about normal daily activities, such as going to school, playing, shopping, or simply being in their homes. Sixty-four percent of children killed during the first six months of 2003 died as a result of Israeli air and ground attacks, or from indiscriminate fire from Israeli soldiers.”

129 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians since September 29, 2000. So I guess it goes back to the innocent bystander thing. We know what’s happening is tragic, and we all want to help but it’s like we have duck tape on our mouths and that tape can be our government, or ourselves. It  forces us to stay quiet. Everyone wants peace but no one’s doing anything about it until it’s too late. We want our children to do something out bullying and speak up. What we cant ever understand is we can’t stop bullying in our schools until we stop it world wide.

Wake up, world.



View the
Original article

0 comments: