Top Egyptian Presidential Candidates

on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hello everyone, I apologize for my absence, but as I mentioned in my last post, Egypt is having its first Presidential elections, everything was hectic and following the news and the numbers. So I had no time to write. This is why this blog post will be about the results of the elections any my humble analysis of these numbers.

Although there has been no official and confirmed count, but the primary numbers indicate that Round 2 of the elections will be between Mohamed Morsy (Muslim Brotherhood) and Ahmed Shafiq (ex-Prime Minister). My prediction about the top 5 people was almost right; I got four out of five. As instead of Khaled Ali, it was Ahmed Shafiq. The competition was between 5 candidates, then it became between three candidates until we arrived to the final two. The 5 candidates were Mohamed Morsy, Hamden Sabahy, Ahmed Shafiq, AmrMoussa and Abo El Fetouh.

Before I start to analyze, I’d like to say again that this is my own political opinion and mine only, I do not represent the website or other writers, some may agree and some may not agree, but this is my opinion and I’m entitled to say it loud.

These five had the most votes, but the real competition was between the top 3 candidates, Hamden Sabahy, Mohamed Morsy and Ahmed Shafiq. The numbers kept jumping and the places kept switching, and as I mentioned, there is not confirmed or official announcement, but the numbers say that the first two who will undergo the second round are Ahmed Shafiq and Mohamed Morsy. But I am still hoping that last minute changes would push Hamden Sabahy in the top two (my candidate).

The numbers are pretty close, the difference between Ahmed Shafiq and Mohamed Morsy and not more than 200k, and between them and Hamden Sabahy is about 500k. In percentages, about 1-2% difference between them. If the numbers stay the same, the people will have to choose between two candidates, the ex-prime minister of the ex-president and the candidate of the Islamic Political Party who proved their failure in the parliament.

We are really facing one of the most difficult choices. Either we choose Ahmed Shafiq, the ex-prime minister, which is basically bringing back the old regime back, after the thousands that died. Or, we can pick the Muslim Brotherhood candidate, after they failed miserably in the parliament, plus the fact that they are a majority in the parliament, or a near majority, so they got the parliament, the president and nearly all the unions, so by doing that, we are basically building a dictator regime with no opposition, how will the parliament correct the president if they both belong to the same political party. They will be judge and jury, and me as a Christian, I really don’t know what to do or who to choose, I’m still thinking about it, or I’ll boycott the second round.

As a friend of mine said “One killed me and the other will”.



View the Original article

0 comments: