Omar Ebn Al Khattab (23)

on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Omar Ebn Al Khattab was a very strong man, but he was never a dictator, especially that the Muslim culture refuses that kind of rulers. He asked for others opinions in different issues and he even listened to people he didn’t know. He honored men, women and children and considered himself the servant of all Muslims.

Sayedna Omar respected women (a lot of Westerners may not believe this), while a lot of people can not imagine how he was treating his wife in a beautiful way because of his strength. Before Omar Ebn Al Khattab entered Islam, his wife wasn’t able to negotiate or discuss anything with him, as she used only to receive his orders. After he became a Muslim, Omar Ebn Al Khattab honored his wife and encouraged her to discuss different issues with him. One day one of the companions came to Omar Ebn Al Khattab complaining from his wife who shout all the time, but when he arrived to Omar’s home, he heard Omar’s wife shouting. The man asked Omar “why you let her shout like that?”, so Omar said she cleaned my clothes, arranged my bed for me to sleep and raised my children, so I bear her when she is angry. Can we see this mercy?!

I wonder why so many Westerners think that Omar Ebn Al Khattab was a dictator? Is that because he controlled almost all the world? Or is it because of his power and strength? Actually Omar Ebn Al Khattab was not a dictator at all, but he was modest and kind. He never knew how is living in a palace or how is wearing luxurious clothes, but he was just holding the teachings of Islam in his heart and acting according to it.

One day Omar Ebn Al Khattab went to the Masjid “mosque” and said “Al Salatu Jameaa” which is something to be said to gather Muslims for prayers or to talk about an important issue. A big number of Muslims entered the Masjid and Omar told them; ” O Muslims, when I was young I used to guard the sheep of old women in the desert, so I was feeding the sheep, cleaning it, and cleaning its sleeping places, while my salary was some dates to be put in my hands, so I just wanted you Muslims to know this”.

Sayedna Aly Ebn Abi Taleb (one of the companions) asked Omar Ebn Al Khattab “why did you say this, you just insulted yourself”. Omar replied “this is what I wanted, as my soul told me I’m Amir Al Moamnen (the Prince of Muslims), so I wanted to let my soul know how weak I was”.

This is a situation by a man who never let himself become an arrogant, but he maintained his modest wherever and whenever he was. That is why he refused to be paid for being the Caliph because this would make him rich and money changes people even if those people are never one of the great Sahaba like Omar. Omar’s Jalabeya “rope” was full of cuts that one day his servant said “I looked at Sayedna Omar’s Jalabeya and counted twenty one cuts in it, among them four on his shoulder”. He never tried wearing silk like kings and he never took luxurious things to his house, but he was taking what is in his house and gives it to the poor Muslims.

To be continued…



View the Original article

0 comments: