Victoria Jackson takes on Murfreesboro mosque

on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Channel News 5 reports that former Saturday Night Live cast member Victoria Jackson arrived Tennessee this week in her capacity as a "citizen journalist" for the right-wing website the Patriot Update to highlight the threat posed by the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro.

Jackson explained: "I'm trying to use my fading SNL fame to shine a light on a topic that nobody in the media will talk about. ... I think this big Islamic center will be a breeding ground for terrorists. I mean, duh! I mean, this is the Bible Belt, and Murfreesboro is the buckle on the Bible Belt, and it's a college town, so my feeling is they came here to convert people to Islam."

To which Jack Silverman of the Nashville Scene replies: "They came here to convert people to Islam. Uh, Victoria, is trying to convert people to their religion a problem? Because in the 15 years I've lived in Nashville, I've had people try to convert me to Christianity somewhere in the area of 15 to 20 times. And the number of times Muslims have tried to convert me? Uh, let me think. Zero."

Silverman is also unimpressed by Jackson's announcement that she had interviewed Republican congressional candidate Lou Ann Zelenik, who she described as "an expert on Islam". Silverman observes that this is "like calling David Duke an expert on black people".

Nashville Scene, 17 April 2012



View the Original article

0 comments: